Sunday 18 April 2010

In My Mailbox (2)

Dear Blog,
good morning.  Here I am once more participating in the weekly meme that is IMM, hosted by The Story Siren.  Again, I am new to the complex world of memes so I'm sorry if I do it wrong *laughs bitterly at self*.

IN MY MAILBOX/IN THE POST
none, ironically.  Heh.

BORROWED

The Carbon Diaries 2017 by Saci Lloyd.  Yay for climatic disasters and the end of the world! 
The Village by the Sea by Anita Desai.  It looked sort of similar to Sally Grindley's Broken Glass, which I loved, so I'm going to give it a go.
UPDATED: 2 books I forgot to mention and am now adding upon editing the entry-
Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore
Ties That Bind, Ties that Break by Leslie Namioka




BOUGHT
Dear America: A Light in the Storm  by Karen Hesse
Dear Canada: An Ocean Apart by Gillian Chan
Dear Canada: With Nothing but our Courage by Karleen Bradford
 Whenever I order some more Dear Americas off the internet my family rolls their eyes and they say, "You're still getting them?" (I've been reading them since I was nine).  the answer is, YES OF COURSE! I must read them all..  I am obsessed with North American history. They keep saying, "have you not outgrown those yet?"  The answer is OF COURSE NOT.   I think you only outgrow books when you tell yourself.  I still read the Clarice Bean books, but I can't help it!  I find them as awesome now as I did when I was about seven.
And I've recently got into Dear Canada   in my unending quest for good historical fiction.  The trouble is, they are even harder to get than Dear America here in the Sceptred Isle.  *sigh*.  Oh well.  If ever I go to Canada (and America too-why, God, why does Hear My Sorrow cost over £50 to buy off Amazon?!) I am sooooo going to just load up on books that otherwise cost loads or aren't even available in England.   

 Oh well.  That's me.  What books did you get? *stares in a slightly creepy but friendly sort of way out of computer screen*

4 comments:

  1. Wow... you have some great looking reads to occupy your week!!=)
    Enjoy them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately Hear My Sorrow is that expensive beacuse it was one of the last Dear America books so it wasn't on sale very long before the series went out of print. I wish I had an extra copy to pass on to you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some really nice books. It is good that you have not outgrown books you read as a child. It says something nice about you and about the book series too. I recently read of some new Dear Americas. I get them for my Media Center because my students like them. I have only read a couple that were by authors I had heard of. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mailbox! I really like the dear america series too! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you like. Don't be shy- I don't bite.