Sunday 20 June 2010

In My Mailbox 10

Dear Blog,
IMM returns, after I had missed it for two weeks.  Hosted as always by Kristi at The Story Siren.

I haven't got much these last two weeks, seeing as in the few weeks before I bought/borrowed far too many:


BOUGHT
Solace of the Road by Siobhan Dowd
Fallen Grace by Mary Hooper
Marie Antionette: Princess of Versailles by Katherine Lasky (Sooo pleased I got this without having to pay about £10 for postage from the States.  I found a copy in an Oxfam in Harrogate.  Also, luckily, it was the original Royal Diaries edition instead of the ugly UK one)



BORROWED (LIBRARY)
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (review coming soon)
Hunger by Michael Grant


BORROWED (FRIEND/RELATIVE)
Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood (from my mother.  Though the story is interesting, I'm on page 200 and not much at all has happened).


I'm always puzzled why the UK often insists on getting different covers for books, especially if the original is so awesome, eg., The Hunger Games, If I Stay,  the Moon Crush books.  BUT I do think that in some cases the covers here on the sceptr'd isle are much cooler (e.g, Gone, many of the Sarah Dessen books, the Books of Bayern).  Anyway, I could go on for many many more entries about book covers, so I better stop now.

That was my week.  And what about you?  What books did you get? 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome books this week! Ooh Catching Fire, love it! I can't wait for Mockingjay. I've never seen that version of the cover before, very interesting. Happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice find on the Marie Antoinette book! I've been looking for more books on her. I also got Fallen Grace this week too. Looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching Fire and Hunger are so amazing! And I completely agree with you on UK covers.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you like. Don't be shy- I don't bite.