Sunday 26 February 2012

In My Mailbox 28

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren.
Downside (or upside) of the central library in town being on my way to college: I go past the library at least four times a week, and normally I can't resist going inside and borrowing more books than I can realistically read before I have to return them.  This week, I suppose, was no different.  However, most of them are books that I've wanted to read for aeons and never quite gotten round to, so I'm pretty excited about reading them (and more determined to make an effort with them).

FOR REVIEW
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman

FROM THE LIBRARY
The Girl Who Stopped Swimming by Joshilyn Jackson
The Woman Destroyed by Simone de Beauvoir
How to be a Woman by Caitlin Moran
The Monk by Matthew Lewis (also includes The Bravo of Venice)
BUtterfield 8 by John O'Hara

BOUGHT
The Beautiful and Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald

So, there you are.  What was in your mailbox this week?   

3 comments:

  1. Seraphina looks like it's going to be a great, fantasy read.

    Happy reading :-)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like an awesome mailbox - hope you enjoy all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I haven't been reserving many fiction books from the library, since I have so many books that I own on the go right now. The only exception is short story compendiums - I just reserved one of dystopian stories called Brave New Love (according to my library's catalog, it's by from the same editor that did Corsets & Clockwork, but Goodreads doesn't have her name in the info). It looks neat.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you like. Don't be shy- I don't bite.