Sunday 26 December 2010

Five challenge: Most anticipated titles of 2011 (also a day late)

Dear Blog,
More from the Persnickety Snark FIVE challenge, again a day late because of loads of Christmas-related things getting in the way.  So this morning I'll be listing my most anticipated titles of 2011. 

This was a hugely difficult list to make.  Hence the fact that I also had to include a 5½ because just 5 wasn't enough.
1. WHERE SHE WENT by Gayle Forman
Has already been published in France, so of course now I'm hugely envious of my neighbours across the Channel, and contemplating taking an intense crash course in French so that I can read it before it gets released to the English-speaking world, which isn't until April.  I'm not sure if I can wait that long.

2. ACROSS THE UNIVERSE by Beth Revis
Because this seems to be one of the most anticipated books of 2011 and there's much hype about it.  It had better not be a disappointment, and it doesn't look it.  I hope it's not one of those times when I see a book and I'm like, "Oh!  It looks prettyful!" Because, just look at the cover.  But then I'll start reading it and it might turn out to be slightly lame, because I always judge books by their covers.  And the only way to find out if it it's any good or not is to read it.

3. DELIRIUM by Lauren Oliver
Naturally I may or may not be slightly envious of all the bloggers who have ARCs of this.  Who wouldn't be?  Lauren Oliver. Writing dystopia.  Yes, you heard me. Dystopian fiction.  Lauren Oliver.

4. WHAT HAPPENED TO GOODBYE by Sarah Dessen
Sarah Dessen.  Enough said.

5.ENTANGLED by Cat Clarke
Is another debut that I've heard many, many good things about.  Oh, and the cover is utterly gorgeous. 


5½ BETWEEN SHADES OF GRAY by Ruta Sepetys
It's grey,  dammit, but I can disregard that because I don't know if it's being released in England yet and so I'd better stick with the American spelling.  Also it doesn't matter because historical fiction set in Eastern Europe is pretty hard to come across in YA.

Well, that's just about it, though there are several more I'd love to add to the list if I could. All for now, because I'm in the midst of devouring Burned by Ellen Hopkins and I can't stop reading it for time spans of more than twenty minutes.

1 comment:

Leave a comment if you like. Don't be shy- I don't bite.