Wednesday 12 May 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Translucent v. 4

Dear Blog,
thought I might do a Waiting on Wednesday as many bloggers seem to like participating in this meme.  It's hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.  I probably won't do it every week-I'll alternate between WoWing and Book Blogger Hopping on Friday, on alternate weeks.  I don't want my blog to be too full of memes.

I shall begin my WoWing with volume 4 of the Translucent quintet by Kazuhiro Okamoto (I'll probably talk about the series on Foreign Language Friday at some point)-my favourite shojo manga of all time.  Nay, probably my favourite manga of all time.  *squee*
I want one of those countdown things at the side of my blog, so I can make one for it.
Alas, alack, we (my family and I) are going to Italy for two weeks and we're leaving the day before this comes out.  NOOOOOOOO! I know I'd probably finish it before we'd even flown over France, but I'd still have read it.  This is brutal, dear blog.  Despite however happy loading up on Sarah Dessens and a load of other summer-y books will make me, I won't be able to get my hands on it until we get back.

Name: Translucent (volume 4)
Author: Kazuhiro Okamoto
Release date (In English): August 15th 2010

Summary (from Amazon): Our penultimate Translucent collection finds Shizuka Shiroyama struggling with her first romantic feelings, a bully, a competitive theater department, and a disease that's literally turning her translucent! Shizuka tries to overcome her greatest challenge yet when she turns completely invisible, with the danger of never being able to revert back to a "solid" form again! She's overwhelmed with fear and becomes reclusive, but her best friend - the hyperactive, hopeful Mamoru - isn't one to give up easily, and he certainly won't give up on Shizuka. Mamoru's enthusiasm for life and silly realizations will prove to be as infectious to readers of this series as they are to Shizuka herself. If only we all had "Mamoru tricksters" to cheer us up! While coping with the unpredictable Translucent Syndrome, Shizuka is determined to follow her dreams and have some fairly normal school years... despite the odd problems that life throws at her and her friends.

*squeals* 
Well, fellow bloggers, what are you eagerly anticipating?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you like. Don't be shy- I don't bite.