Sunday 24 April 2011

In My Mailbox 22

Dear Blog,
IMM is hosted as ever by Kristi of The Story Siren.

This was another week in which my taste in books led me further afield than the local library.  I went to the Great Big Library in the centre of town, which is full of Exciting Shiny Novels I couldn't dream of finding in the library closer to home. 
Also, I've been reading a lot more recently.  Of late I'd kind of been in something of a reading slump; that doesn't seem to be so much of the case any more.  Maybe it's because I'm finding more books that I truly want to read, or my tastes have changed slightly.
Excuse the random bottle of water in the picture.  My desk is a mess at the moment, but left long enough it will clean itself.


BOUGHT
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

LIBRARY
We by Yegevny Zamyatin [currently reading]
Le Bal by Irène Némirovsky [read; next week's Foreign Language Friday post] 
The Plague by Albert Camus
Junk by Melvin Burgess


So that was my bookish week.  What about yours?

3 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of good things about Between the Shades of Gray, I hope you enjoy it:D

    http://turningpages94.blogspot.com/2011/04/in-my-mailbox-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading Junk a great while back. Very gritty and hard hitting. Between Shades of Grey is another thought provoking read. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab set! I finished Btw Shades of Gray today. So good but so sad.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you like. Don't be shy- I don't bite.